2016-17 Regular Season
North Carolina Central (6-3)
Coastal Carolina (4-6)
Saturday, Dec. 10, 2016 – 7:00 p.m.
HTC Center – Conway, South Carolina
Audio: NCCU Sports Network
Video / Stats: GoCCUSports.com
Complete Game Notes (PDF)
1. 4-2 is NCCU's best November since the Eagles went 5-1 during the 2013-14 season.
2. NCCU's five-game win streak that was snapped by ECU was the longest since the 2014-15 season with a 10-game and nine-game run.
3. NCCU will be on the road for six of the next 10 games from Nov. 26 to Dec. 30.
4. NCCU's non-conference schedule puts the Eagles on the road nine times out of 14 games.
5. NCCU went 5-9 in non-conference play last year.
SCOUTING THE CHANTICLEERS:
Coastal Carolina enters this contest with a 4-6 record in its first year competing in the Sun Belt Conference. The Eagles meet the Chanticleers for just the second time, and the first matchup since 2011. CCU holds a 2-0 series lead. CCU is led by Preseason Second-Team All-Sun Belt selection Elijah Wilson who is currently averaging 15.1 points and 4.0 rebounds per game. Wilson scored 16 points with six boards in CCU's win over Piedmont International last time out.
NCCU vs SUN BELT
The Sun Belt conference holds 12 institutions, however NCCU has only faced two. The Eagles are 1-2 all-time against the conference, with the lone win coming against Appalachian State at McDougald-McLendon Arena, 76-70 in overtime on Nov. 22, 2013. Below is a look at NCCU's all-time results against the conference.
2/15/10.......................... vs. Coastal Carolina 57-68, L
2/17/11.......................... at Coastal Carolina 59-94, L
11/22/13........................ vs. Appalachian State 76-70, W-OT
SERIES: CCU leads, 2-0.